From the equator to the exotic Galapagos Islands, Ecuador should be at the top of your “must go” list!
- The Best Trips for Animal Lovers - Want to make some animal friends in your travels? Check out these epic trips!
- The Ultimate Ladies’ Guide to Packing for a Week in the Galapagos - Packing for the Galapagos was a bit of a challenge. We had to keep out luggage under 10 kilograms! That means luggage, carry-on, everything!
- 10 Things to Do in the Galapagos - Our trip to the Galapagos Islands is one of the most epic, most memorable, most exciting trips we've ever taken!
- What to Know Before You Visit the Galapagos - I actually gave in and did the best thing ever: I went through a Galapagos tour company. My husband and I never go with tour groups because we like to do our own thing, but this was so different. It's "trip of a lifetime" material!
- Our Favorite Animals in the Galapagos - What's the most memorable place you've ever visited? Or the place you want to visit more? For me, it's the Galapagos. I had wanted to visit for years, but it always seemed out of reach. My sweet husband made my dream come true a few years ago, however, and it became one of our favorite trips to date!
- What to Eat in the Galapagos - It's What I Ate Wednesday, and this week I'm taking you back to the Galapagos Islands with me! What do they eat on such remote islands? Find out today!
- 10 Reasons to Visit the Galapagos - This Faraway Friday you're in for a special treat... We're headed to the Galapagos! My sweet husband took me to these mysterious islands for my 30th birthday, and it was a phenomenal trip! Here are 10 reasons you should consider a visit, too.
- Where to Swim with Penguins in the Galapagos - Good morning! Today we set out on our last Galapagos adventure: the largest island of Isabela. If you look at a map, you'll notice she looks like a seahorse wearing a wedding dress. And there are penguins!
- Where to See Baby Tortoises in the Galapagos - We got ourselves together for Marcos to take us on our next adventure, and our first stop was... A water taxi! Our not-so-favorite. And the seas were rougher than they had been the days prior! Fortunately for us, we only needed to take the water taxi across the port, not out onto the open sea! One can only get to where we were going on a water taxi. There are no roads there, even though it's on the same island!
- Exploring Floreana Island, Galapagos - Beautiful Floreana! This day was a very special one. Steve and I got to experience a REAL remote island in the Pacific! We rose early, went down for breakfast at the Galapagos Suites, and before we knew it, we were being picked up by our private guide! His name was Marcos, and he was very knowledgeable about all of the islands!
- Galapagos Island Hopping Tour - Welcome back! Friday dawned early for us. That's a nice benefit of being two hours behind where your body thinks you are; you wake up early and get going with your day! We went down for breakfast, and can you believe they had banana cake for breakfast? And coffee, and toast, and granola, and eggs, and fruit! The coffee is really good here. I was expecting it to be too strong, but it seems to be just right!
- Day 1 in the Galapagos Islands - Even though people actually live on some of the islands, the whole archipelago is a national park, and you have to pay $100 per person (cash) to visit. Fortunately, we knew that in advance and budgeted for it! We got off the mid-size LAN Airlines plane and onto the tarmac, then walked into the only building on the tiny island of Baltra.
- Visiting 2 Equators in Quito, Ecuador - On September 17, 2014, my left foot and I went in for the first of two foot surgeries. So I decided that on September 17, 2015, I would take Lefty on a real adventure... to the equator! Since Steve and I missed it last month due to volcanic activity, I figured this was my chance! I only told a few people I was going, so it was a surprise to everyone else, even my parents.
- What to Do When a Volacno Cancels Your Flight - We realized we had a bigger problem, we knew we needed to get that figured out first! Steve clicked on the "See My Options" link in the United cancellation e-mail, and the message we received was: "There are no options." No kidding.
- How to Spend 1 Day in Quito - we landed in Quito again, still the world's highest capitol! I was all excited because it's a new place to me, it was one of the first ever UNESCO World Heritage sites (tied for first with Krakow, Poland), it is one of the best preserved cities in the world, and Steve picked out a hotel for us that was originally a grand home with two indoor patios, built in the 16th century!